Dev's Vids

Loading...

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

He appears!

Okay, so I should get some things off my chest.

First off, #FreeBeatFridays is over. No, it's not because I couldn't continue it, but because I doubt it's utility. I always felt like if I was in a position to help aspiring artists out, I would, but the reception was barely there. Some people downloaded stuff from looperman, but never did I get hit back by anybody who actually did something with my stuff. It didn't really do anything to increase my views or plays either. All that effort of trying to get some stuff out to people turned into much of nothing, and I'm not one to misuse my time nowadays...okay I'm lying, but I don't wanna keep giving away free beats that nobody is using, or will jack and not say anything.

Additionally, I was subtly warned that if I did keep putting out free beats, that person in question would basically "Steal my style" per say. I dunno how exactly I feel about that, so rather than head in a direction where someone inspires antagonism from me, I find it an additional reason to just stop. I still make beats, I just don't give them away anymore.

Anyways, since the last time I was here I recorded 5 songs...that I did nothing with. Many things happened on that Friday at Roscoe's, and some of it when received was corrupted...something weird keeps happening with Roscoe's computer and mic. We planned on meeting on Sunday to kind of look over them while we build the booth, but this pay Sunday was Easter...so as far as I've been informed, the plan is to just meet up this Sunday and build the booth/fix the songs before posting them. To be honest, 2 of them turned out lackluster, maybe 3 if you add the rough I did the Sunday before Easter. So I guess that would be 6 songs, huh? lol.

Anyways, just been dabbling in production, trying to get a feel for where I wanna go. It seems like the original format of the mix-tape or whatever is changing again. Some songs are out, so I have to replace them. I also have to inquire about that beat Roscoe and I were working on but hasn't been finished.

I don't wanna say too much, but I've been pretty uneasy lately. Dissatisfied with my results, so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment