Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Changes for the better

I don't wanna start this off being some kind of negative Nancy about how my situation played out; what it is is what it is at the end of the day. There is one thing I can be grateful for though, and that's getting out of Northview Heights.

On the 24th of this month of August, 2018, I'll be moving out of the projects with my family to a home in Penn Hills...yes, I'm moving to the suburbs of Pittsburgh.

I did this all kinds of out of order, tripping and stumbling as I went about being an adult trying to make it out of poverty. I had help from unexpected places, and went to some dark places going about the simple act of living...but hey, it happened.

I'm gonna be out the hood, my kids are gonna be in a good environment, I have a somewhat enjoyable career, been married for a minute now...all I need is a vehicle and I'm straight. As of this point in my life, I'm not focused on pipe dreams, but rather things that are realistically obtainable with the means I have now.

No comments:

Post a Comment